Who Can Claim?

We could help you make a claim if you’ve been injured in a workplace accident as an employee, contractor or visitor to a workplace.  If you are self-employed or a casual worker, you may still be able to make a claim under UK law, giving you the same rights as other workers when it comes to health and safety.

If you are an agency worker who has been injured in an accident at work, both the agency you work for and the operators of the business you’re working for should take responsibility for your safety. They should work together to make sure that precautions are in place to protect you.

We can also help with claims being made on behalf of others, including minors who have been in an accident before their 18th birthday, for someone who doesn’t have the mental capacity to handle their own case or on behalf of a loved one who has passed away.

How Long Do I Have to Make A Claim?

You normally have 3 years from the date of the accident to make a claim.  Exceptions are:

   – Minors who have 3 years from their 18th birthday,

   – Claiming on behalf of someone who doesn’t have the ability to do so themselves, including when someone has suffered a serious head/brain injury as a result of their accident. In these circumstances, no time limits apply.

   – Fatal claims – if you’re claiming on behalf of a loved one who died, you’ll either have three years from the date of their death or the date of the accident to make a claim.

How Will My Claim Be Funded?

Most claims are funded by way of a No Win No Fee Agreement subject to status. At the start of your case we will discuss funding options with you, advising you which we think is most suitable.  If we think you’re best supported by a No Win No Fee agreement, we’ll explain the process clearly. This involves setting up an ATE insurance policy that will protect you.

What Will Happen When I Make a Claim?

Once we have discussed your claim with you and established the facts, we will submit a claim to those responsible for your injuries and request they accept liability at an early stage.  If liability is accepted, we will then arrange for you to be medically examined by an expert located local to your home address and we will negotiate settlement with your employer.  If liability is not accepted then we will collate evidence to support your claim to include health and safety reports and medical evidence.

We may also request an interim payment to fund ongoing expenses whilst your claim is ongoing.

We will always attempt to negotiate settlement out of Court however if the Defendant does not accept liability or does not agree with our valuation of your claim then we may have to issue Court proceedings.  Even after Court Proceedings have been issued, your claim may well settle before Trial however if it goes to Trial, we will be with you every step of the way.

How Much Compensation Will I Receive?

How much compensation you are awarded will depend on the severity of your injuries and how long it will take for you to fully recover.  As well as compensation for your pain and suffering, you may also receive compensation to cover private healthcare, physiotherapy, therapy, ongoing care and other expenses.

If liability is accepted, we may request an interim payment from the Defendant to help pay for ongoing care and expenses.  This payment will then be deducted from your final compensation payment.